Instonians batsman Jack Dickson has been named Robinson Services and D&P Cricket Player of the Week after scoring 73* in their Robinson Services Cup victory over Woodvale on Saturday.
Coming to the crease at number five with the score sitting at 43-3, the 17-year-old proceeded to score his runs from 42 balls, marking his first ever top-flight half-century in style with a strike-rate of 173.8 and six sixes.
Batting alongside Irish international Shane Getkate (56 from 41), the pair put on 118 for the fourth wicket to help their side to an important 91-run triumph.
Dickson has more than justified his promotion up the batting order and for his performance at the weekend earns a £50 voucher to spend on equipment at D&P Cricket.
- This has been the hardest week to pick a winner and it could have very easily gone to Cliftonville Academy’s Max Burton who scored 87 to help his side chase 159 to beat Ballymena in the Robinson Services Trophy.
- In the same game, John Glass scored 76 for Ballymena as they finished their 20 overs on 158/6.
- Ewan Wilson also scored a half-century on Saturday, hitting 56* as Muckamore beat Downpatrick by 10 wickets.
- Ireland international James McCollum scored 57 and took 2-31 in Waringstown’s 18-run defeat to CIYMS.
- Ruhan Pretorius was in the runs again as he batted throughout North Down’s innings on Saturday, finishing on 58* before picking up two wickets in their victory over CSNI.
- As previously mentioned, Shane Getkate also scored a half-century in the same game as Dickson.